Saturday, September 27, 2008

My Parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary

Today we celebrated my parents 50th Wedding Anniversary! They were married 50 years ago to the day and we had the special privlege to have the open house in the same facility where they had their Wedding reception 50 years ago! I think that is so romantic!

The open house was hosted by my sisters Karen, Sue, and I. We had a lot of fun setting up on Friday (yesterday) afternoon talking and laughing. The three of us don't have a chance to get together very often since my sister Karen lives in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Today was a very memorable day for everyone! We had a lot of fun and my parents enjoyed seeing some friends and family they haven't seen for awhile! My mom's sister Kathy, from California, was able to be here and she will stay for one week!

I talked with some parents of my old high school friends and got to visit with my old history teacher, Mr. Hoyer, who is now my nephew's cross country coach and still teaching at Malcolm High School! It was also exciting to meet up again with a friend I grew up with, but had lost touch with when we were both in our early 20's.

I hope you enjoy the family pictures I posted! I am so very thankful for my parents and the opportunity we had to honor them on their very special day!

No comments: